We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“IWF Masters & European Masters” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
You can manage cookies when entering the website and at any time via settings through the "cog" icon at the top left of every page. You can change these settings at any time. However, this can result in some functions no longer being available. For information on deleting the cookies, please consult your browser’s help function.
• The data is collected via an online registration from anyone who between the age of 35 and 80+
who wish to compete in an International Masters weightlifting championship.
• The registration website is - www.masterswlreg.com
• Without the registration data it is not possible to place competitors in a correct group or produce competition documentation such as Start Lists and Competition Schedule.
• Personal and contact details such as title, full name, address, and contact details
• Date of birth, gender, and age.
• Telephone number.
• Brief history of medical details (not mandatory).
• Collected from individuals on registration input.
• To enable the competition documents to be produced.
o The Start Lists are generated by the system software used.
o The Competition Schedule is produced using the Start Lists but contains no personal information.
o To discover which competitors are also Technical Officials and are prepared to work in that capacity during a championship.
o Some data is used during a championship and to enable the championship to run.
o To produce a medical details document showing minimal details to enable the IWF Masters medical doctor to prepare for the championship.
• A copy of the entry of individuals is sent to the National Masters Chairman of each nation
competing in the championship. It is used a check list to ensure all the athletes of that nation
are in good standing with the National Federation.
• Anti-Doping is conducted according to WADA and IWF rules and athletes who give an adverse analytical finding are notified by letter and email, this involves using the name, home address, and email address of the athlete.
• Some minimal medical details are requested to enable the championship medical doctor to prepare for the championship. After the championship they are used for statistical analysis only and then destroyed.
• Personal information is not shared with any other third parties.
• If an athlete withdraws from a championship in advance of the said championship and requests
that his personal details be deleted, the request will be accepted immediately.
• No it is used entirely within the UK and the European Economic Community.
• Yes it is necessary for any individual wishing to compete in a championship sanctioned by the
IWF Masters (the governing body for Masters weightlifting) to provide the requested details.
• It is impossible to include any person in a championship if that person does not register and input the necessary details.
• All personal information is destroyed after all the anti-doping procedures have ended.
• Medical information is destroyed once the medical doctor has processed his analytical findings in the format of statistics.
• The right to be informed about how their given information is used.
• Medical information is minimal and is requested but not mandatory.
• The right to have information deleted at any time after it has been given.
• The right to request amendments to any information input previously.
This document may be changed at any future time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or the way in which data is held although it is most improbable that the requested data will change.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For any questions about this document please contact the European Masters Secretariat.
Denise Offermann : firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated : 4th January 2019